Aqua Mix Grout Colorant is an easy-to-use waterborne epoxy that recolours, seals and rejuvenates existing grout joints. Formulated to provide maximum stain protection. Change the appearance and colour of your faded, stained or patchy grout with 20 colours to choose from. Also simplifies ongoing grout cleaning.
- Durable epoxy formula
- Safe, easy to use water based, low VOC formula
- Maximum stain resistance
- Non porous
- 20 Colours available
- Now with built in Microban® – Cured Sealant is Mould & Mildew Resistant
- Lasts up to 15 years
For use on:
Sanded, unsanded and epoxy grout joints. Effective for interior and exterior applications. Suitable for new or existing grout
- Grout Colorant is not recommended for use underwater in pools, ponds, or on areas subject to hydrostatic pressure
- Do not use solvent-based cleaners on recolored grout joints
- Previously applied sealers, with the exception of Aqua Mix® Penetrating Sealer, Aqua Mix® Grout Sealer, Aqua Mix® Pro-Solv, Aqua Mix® Ultra-Solv® or Aqua Mix® Sealer’s Choice® Gold, must be removed to provide a bondable surface. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover is recommended for this procedure
- Porous tile may require sealing to ensure colorant is not absorbed into the tile
General Surface Prep:
Test a small area according to application instructions, with a minimum 1-hour cure time to determine desired results.
The Grout must be dry prior to applying Grout Colorant – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to Colorant application. READ MORE
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling product. Read entire label before using. SHAKE WELL before using. For new installations, Grout Colorant can be applied a minimum of 48 hours after grouting depending on jobsite conditions and ambient temperature. Grout joints must be clean, dry and free of existing sealers or coatings.
Prepare existing grout joints:
- MOST TILE & STONE: Use Aqua Mix® Cement Grout Haze Remover or Aqua Mix® Phosphoric Acid Substitute.
- ACID-SENSITIVE STONE OR SINGLE COMPONENT GROUT JOINTS: Use Aqua Mix® HeavyDuty Tile & Grout Cleaner, Aqua Mix® Grout Deep Clean or Aqua Mix® Stone Deep Clean.
- EPOXY OR URETHANE GROUT JOINTS: Use Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover.
If more than 1 bottle of a single color is to be used, mix the material together in a large container to ensure uniformity of color. Spread evenly using the Applicator Brush or toothbrush, working Grout Colorant into joint using a back-and-forth motion. Thin, even coats should be applied, limiting the amount of Grout Colorant that gets on the tile. If going from a dark to light grout color, more than 1 application may be necessary with a minimum 2-hours drying time between coats. After Grout Colorant has dried 1 or more hours (never more than 12 hours), lightly mist surface with water and let stand 5 minutes. Remove excess Grout Colorant from surface of tile using water and a white nylon scrub pad.
For a more detailed application method: CLICK HERE
- Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours.
- Keep area dry for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid direct scrubbing on grout joints for 20 days to allow a full cure.
Cleaning of equipment:
Clean tools with water and soap before material dries
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. CUSTOM’s sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with CUSTOM’s printed instructions. CUSTOM makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.
8938 Divi St.
San Francisco, CA 93848
M-F: 11am – 7pm
Sat: 10am – 7pm
Sun: 10am – 5pm