Eff-Ex® Efflorescence Remover is a unique product that is highly effective at removing and inhibiting efflorescence. Eff-Ex® is a non acidic (pH 7.4), efflorescence remover and inhibiting cleaning product. Much safer than using harsh damaging acids.
- Easy and safe to use
- Inhibits the reoccurrence of efflorescence
- Breakthrough Ex-2 Technology
- Best used in early stages of efflorescence formation
- Removes and inhibits efflorescence
- Non-acidic formula
- Removes efflorescence without damaging cement based grouts or pavers
For use on:
- Natural stone (such as marble, granite, slate, travertine, and limestone), porcelain, quarry, Saltillo, terra-cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other porous tile and grout where a natural look is desired.
- Effective for interior and exterior applications.
- Eff-Ex® will lightly dull the surface of polished marble, limestone, and travertine, repolishing may be needed.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Not recommended for use on polished marble, limestone, and travertine surfaces.
- If efflorescence appears after surface is sealed, Eff-Ex® will remove the efflorescence but its ability to inhibit efflorescence is reduced.
- Not intended for the treatment or removal of hard water build-up and deposits.
General Surface Prep:
Test a small, inconspicuous area according to application instructions to determine desired results.
Application of Product:
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling product.
To Remove Efflorescence – Read entire label before using. Do not dilute product. For best results it is recommended to pre-wet the surface with water, avoid puddling and remove excess water before applying solution. Apply solution with mop, sponge applicator, paint roller or brush. Allow to dwell 30-60 minutes. Do not allow solution to dry on surface. Apply additional solution if drying occurs. Agitate with scrub brush or scrub machine. Thoroughly rinse with clean water. For vertical surfaces a garden hose or high-pressure washer may be used to rinse area. Mop or wet vacuum up dirty solution. Heavily built-up efflorescence may require additional applications and a longer dwell time. Allow area to dry 24 hours prior to sealing area with any Aqua Mix® sealer.
To Inhibit Efflorescence – Apply a thin coat of solution with mop, sponge applicator, paint roller or brush. Scrub into surface with scrub brush or scrub machine. DO NOT RINSE. Wipe dry any product remaining on the surface. Two to three treatments may be required to fully inhibit efflorescence. Allow area to dry 24 hours prior to sealing area with any Aqua Mix® sealer.
Cleaning of equipment:
Clean tools with water before material dries.
Efflorescence Remover Data Sheets:
How to Guide:
Maximum VOCs: Less than 0.01 grams per litre
7 – 9