Floor Shine & Hardener gives a clear, durable floor finish that resists surface abuse and leaves a beautiful high-sheen finish. May also be used for pre-grouting protection on unglazed porcelain and crackled glazes.
Floor Shine & Hardener Key Features
- Protective finish over sealed surfaces
- Allows moisture vapor transmission
- Safe to use, low odour, low VOC
- No buffing required
- Water based
- Last up to 1 years
For use on:
Sealed Saltillo, terra-cotta and adobe, quarry, slate and sandstone. Internal dry areas use only.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Do not use a large-pored sponge applicator.
- Do not dip applicator directly into product, as bubbling (or foaming) will occur.
- Not recommended for exterior applications or for use as a finishing product on glazed ceramic or glazed porcelain tile.
- Do not use around pools, showers, countertops or areas subject to standing water.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
General Surface Prep:
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling product. Surface should be dry, clean and free of any existing coatings. Do not apply directly over silicone sealers, oil or wax based finishes. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover will strip the surface and remove wax or old acrylic finishes. Floor Shine & Hardener can be applied over any Aqua Mix® sealer except Stone Enhancer and Enrich’N’Seal. Test product in obscure area to ensure desirable results.
Application of Product:
The Stone, Tile or Grout must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application. READ MORE
Read entire label before using. If an Aqua Mix® sealer is used, allow sealer to cure a minimum of 24 hours unless otherwise indicated on sealer label. Unglazed surfaces must be sealed prior to using Aqua Mix® Floor Shine & Hardener. Surface must be clean, dry and sealed. Apply by pouring a small amount of product directly onto a sealed floor and spreading evenly with a sponge mop or paint pad applicator. Avoid overlapping and puddling. Two to three coats are recommended for a high shine. If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 1 hour drying time between coats. Clean applicator tools with soap and water after each use. May be reapplied as needed to surface that is clean and dry.
For Pre-Grouting Application:
Apply over clean unglazed porcelain tile or crackled finish tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting. Follow application procedures above. After grout clean-up, any remaining residue of Floor Shine & Hardener can be removed using Aqua Mix® Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner following product directions. Unglazed surfaces must be sealed prior to using Aqua Mix® Floor Shine & Hardener.
- Ready for surface traffic 3 hours after final coat.
- Keep area dry for 12 hours.
- Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools with mineral spirits immediately after use
Floor Shine & Hardener Data Sheets:
Maximum VOCs: 8%