High Gloss Sealer is a specially formulated water-based blend of acrylic polymers that provides both a stain resistant surface seal and a durable high-sheen finish, eliminating conventional two-step methods utilising a sealer and finish. High Gloss Sealer allows moisture vapor transmission and is unaffected by ultra-violet light.
High Gloss Sealer Key Features
- May be used as a pre-grouting sealer
- Allows moisture vapor transmission
- Safe to use, low odour, low VOC
- Is unaffected by ultra-violet light
- Last up to 3 years
For use on:
Unsealed, textured natural stone, textured porcelain tiles, clay pavers including Saltillo, terra-cotta and adobe, cement tile, quarry. Internal use only.
- Not recommended for use on smooth glazed ceramic or porcelain tile, as surface must be rough-textured to ensure adequate bonding.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Not recommended for use in or around pools, showers or areas subject to standing water.
- Not recommended for use on countertops.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
General Surface Prep
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling product. Surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers, or finishes. Do not apply directly over silicone sealers, oil or wax based finishes. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover will strip the surface and remove wax or old acrylic finishes. Place a few drops of water on various tiles. If water doesn’t penetrate, additional removal is necessary. New installations need to be dry at least 48 hours before application. Clay and Saltillo tile may require extended drying time depending on temperature and humidity. Make sure the tiles are completely dry before application. Test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure desirable results.
Application of Product
Read entire label before using. For new installations sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting. Surface must be clean, dry and free of existing sealers and coatings. Apply 2-3 coats of sealer with a clean dense sponge, brush or paint pad applicator in thin, even coats. Allow 30 minutes drying time between coats. Avoid puddling.
The Stone, Tile or Grout must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application. READ MORE
Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting – follow application procedures above.
- Ready for surface traffic 6 hours after final coat.
- Keep area dry for at least 12 hours.
- Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools with mineral spirits immediately after use
High Gloss Sealer Data Sheets:
Maximum VOCs: 51 grams per litre