Our Pre Sealer for porous stone & tile is an economical, natural look, breathable sealer. It is a water based penetrating sealer designed to resist staining caused by water soluble minerals (including picture framing effect) which are normally absorbed through the back of the stone during installation. It also helps resist efflorescence migration. ProBlock is not an adhesive bond breaker.
ProBlock Key Features:
- Ideal for six sided pre sealing (dip sealing)
- Allows moisture vapor transmission
- Works excellent as a grout release
- Is not an adhesive bond breaker
- Safe to use, water-based, low VOC
For use on:
As a pre sealer or grout release for all natural stone such as granite, basalt, marble, limestone, sandstone, bluestone, travertine, slate etc. concrete pavers, brick and masonry. For interior and exterior use.
- Not for use as a final top surface sealer
- Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface
- If product is allowed to dry on surface, a white film may form. If this occurs, scrub with water and a white nylon pad
- ProBlock is not a waterproofing agent
- Not for use on the top surface prior to the application of Enhancing Sealers such as Aqua Mix® Enrich’N’Seal™ or Aqua Mix® Stone Enhancer
Read entire label before using. All surfaces should be clean, dry and free of existing sealers or coatings. Dust off, wipe or brush all surfaces to be sealed to remove all loose particles that could adversely affect sealer penetration and performance.
The Stone or Tile must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application. READ MORE
A single coat is recommended, assuring 100% coverage. For use as a pre-seal prior to grouting apply a single coat to the top surface, and sides if required. Sealing all six sides is recommended for maximum protection. If applying an enhancer as the final surface seal, DO NOT apply any ProBlock to the top surface as it will stop the penetration of enhancing sealers. Please contact Aqua Mix® prior to installation if an enhancer is specified for use. Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is polished DRY off the surface within 5 minutes of application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
- Sealer should be allowed to cure 48 hours prior to installation.
- When used as a pre-sealer, sealer must cure a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting.
- Ensure good airflow during the curing process.
- Do NOT allow to get wet during the curing process.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean applicator tools immediately with water after each use.
TREAT THE SEALED UNDERSIDE SURFACE AS A LOW POROSITY DENSE SURFACE. ProBlock will reduce the porosity of the underside sealed surface. Please contact your adhesive supplier for specification of the appropriate adhesive suitable for installing low porosity dense surfaces. Sealed underside surface and substrate should be thoroughly wet out with the adhesive (using the flat side of trowel) prior to applying adhesive with appropriate notch trowel to ensure proper coverage and adhesion. Follow adhesive manufacturer recommendation for the appropriate adhesive.
How to Pre Seal Stone on all Six Sides (Dip Seal)
Maximum VOCs: <5 grams per liter
3.8L & 19L
Approximately 4 m2 – 14 m2, per litre, per coat when applied to all 6 sides, depending on type of surface porosity, surface temperature, humidity and method of application.