Product Recommendation: Grout Colorant (Note A)
Equipment: Toothbrush (child’s 2-row is best), white nylon scrub pad and a water spray bottle
Coverage: Approximately 50 – 300 sq. ft. (5 m2 – 30 m2) per coat per 8-ounce bottle (273 ml)
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Existing grout joints must be clean, dry and free of coatings or contaminants that may affect bond. If sealer is present and water droplets do not readily penetrate into grout, use Sealer & Coating Remover to remove existing sealer prior to using Grout Colorant.
3. New grout requires a minimum 48-hour cure time prior to using Grout Colorant.
4. Prepare existing grout joints with Cement Grout Haze Remover or Phosphoric Acid Substitute (3 parts water to 1 part cleaner). Stone Deep Clean or Grout Deep Clean is recommended for preparing grout joints around acid-sensitive tile or stone.
5. Pour Grout Colorant into a small dish and apply onto grout joint using a toothbrush.
6. Spread evenly, working Grout Colorant into joint with toothbrush using a back-and-forth motion. Thin, even coats should be applied, limiting the amount of Grout Colorant that gets on the tile.
7. If going from a dark to light grout color, more than 1 application may be necessary with a minimum 2-hour drying time between coats.
8. After Grout Colorant has dried 1 or more hours (never more than 12 hours), lightly mist surface with water and let stand 5 minutes.
9. Remove excess Grout Colorant from surface of tile using water and a white nylon scrub pad, avoiding direct scrubbing of recessed grout joint.
10. Avoid direct scrubbing on grout joints for 20 days to allow a full cure.Note A: Grout Colorant not only recolors existing grout, IT PROVIDES A SUPERIOR SEAL AND REDUCES ROUTINE MAINTENANCE.This recommendation is intended as a general guideline for recoloring and rejuvenating faded/inconsistent standard and latex-modified, sanded cementitious grout. The requirements may vary depending on the use, porosity and condition of the grout.READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.