Printable version: How to remove of Adhesive/Mastic from tiled surfaces
Purpose: To remove adhesive or mastic from tile or stone surfaces
Product Recommendation: Sealer & Coating Remover (Notes A & B)
Equipment: AquaScrub, Scrub brush or nylon scrub pad, plastic scraper and white cotton towels
Coverage: Approximately 75 – 100 sq. ft. (7 m2 – 10 m2) per gallon (3.78 L)
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Sweep or vacuum surface.
3. Apply Sealer & Coating Remover to a small manageable area up to 25 sq. ft. (2.5 m2)
4. Allow to dwell up to 1 hour without drying or until residue softens.
5. Agitate with scrub brush or nylon scrub pad. A plastic scraper may be used for removal of thick residue.
6. If necessary, apply additional remover or sprinkle with hot water and agitate with a scrub brush.
7. Remove residue and wipe surface dry using clean, absorbent white cotton towels.
8. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
9. Repeat procedure if necessary.
Note A: Do not use on synthetic agglomerate or other resinous surfaces.
Note B: Sealer & Coating Remover will remove sealers and wax-type coatings.
This recommendation is intended as a general guideline for the removal of adhesive/mastic. The actual removal requirements may vary depending on the method of application, temperature and amount of adhesive/mastic to be removed.
READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.