Printable version: Removal of Sealer Residue from Tile or Stone Surfaces
For Removal of Aqua Mix: Penetrating Sealer – Pro-Solv® – Sealer’s Choice® Gold – Ultra-Solv® – Grout Sealer – SameDay™ Grout Sealer
Purpose: To remove sealer residue that has been allowed to cure on tile or stone surface
Product Recommendation: Aqua Mix NanoScrub® (Note A)
Equipment: White nylon scrub pad, mop and bucket with wringer or wet-dry vacuum
Optional: Low RPM (175 – 350 RPM) floor machine utilizing a white nylon pad
Coverage: Approximately 50 – 500 sq. ft. (5 m2 – 50 m2) per quart (946 ml)
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Protect surrounding areas from splattering to minimize clean-up.
3. Pre-wet surface with water.
4. Pour Aqua Mix NanoScrub® onto a manageable area of up to 10 sq. ft. (1 m2) making a thin slurry.
5. Spread mixture onto surface and agitate by hand or with low RPM (175 – 350) floor machine using a white nylon pad. Keep surface wet throughout buffing process.
6. Remove solution with clean towels or sponge and rinse twice with clean water. A wet-dry vacuum may be used.
7. Polish surface dry with clean, dry towels.
Note A: For textured surfaces, a scrub brush is recommended.
This recommendation is intended as a guideline for the removal of sealer residue. The actual cleaning requirements may vary depending on type of tile, method of application and amount of residue.
READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.