Printable version: How to remove Soap Scum / Hard Water Deposits / Mildew Stains
Purpose: To remove water deposits, mildew and soap scum on tile and acid-resistant stone surfaces
Product Recommendation: Cement Grout Haze Remover or Phosphoric Acid Substitute (Note A)
Equipment: White nylon scrub brush, AquaScrub or scrub pad
Coverage: Varies depending on use and amount of buildup
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Apply pre-diluted solution to surface.
3. Agitate with a white nylon scrub brush or scrub pad.
4. For stubborn areas, allow to dwell 5 to 10 minutes before agitating.
5. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Note A: Do not use on polished marble, limestone or on other acid-sensitive tile or stone. For acid-sensitive surfaces, Aqua Mix NanoScrub® is recommended per product directions.
These recommendations are intended as general guidelines for the removal of soap scum/mildew stains/hard water deposits. The actual removal requirements may vary depending on the use and amount of mildew and/or soap scum to be removed.
READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.