Printable version: How to remove Waxes/Floor Finishes
Purpose: To remove wax-type finishes on tile, stone and grout surfaces
Product Recommendation: Heavy-Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner, 1 & 2 Deep Clean or Stone Deep Clean (Notes A, B, C & D)
Equipment: Synthetic mop and bucket with wringer and scrub brush or scrub machine. An AquaScrub or white nylon scrub pad may be used for smooth, even surfaces.
Coverage: Approximately 150 – 300 sq. ft. (15 m2– 30 m2) per gallon (3.78 L)
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Sweep or vacuum surface.
3. Mix per product directions.
4. Apply solution onto surface with a mop.
5. Allow to dwell 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Agitate with scrub brush or scrub machine.
7. Mop up dirty solution. A wet-dry vacuum may be used.
8. Rinse mop and change cleaning solution at least every 100 sq. ft. (10 m2) or as needed.
9. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Note C: Stone Deep Clean is recommended for wax/floor finish removal on polished marble and sensitive stone.
Note D: Aqua Mix NanoScrub® can be applied onto wet cleaning solution immediately prior to scrubbing for difficult to remove wax-type finishes.
This recommendation is intended as a general guideline for the removal of waxes/floor finishes. The actual product dilution ratios and removal requirements may vary depending on the use, amount of wax/floor finish and temperature.
READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.