Printable version: Repolishing/Restoration (Wet Process) – Calcium-Based Polished Stones
Purpose: To repolish and or maintain polished calcium-based stones (WET PROCESS)
Product Recommendation: Reviver® (Notes A & B)
Equipment: Low RPM (175 – 350) floor machine utilizing hogshair or synthetic tan, nylon floor pad
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results. Mix well before using.
2. Ensure surface is clean and free of existing coatings.
3. Protect baseboards, carpet, etc. with protective plastic and/or blue painter’s tape.
4. Wet area no larger than 20 sq. ft. (1.85 m2) with water and place 2 tablespoons of Reviver® in the center.
5. Using a hogshair or synthetic tan, fiber floor pad work the area in a side-to-side motion with a 175 – 350 RPM floor machine.
6. Continue until desired polish has been achieved. Squeegee slurry from a small area to check for desired results prior to removing all of the slurry mixture off of the floor.
7. Pick up solution with a wet/dry vacuum and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
8. Polish dry with a new polishing pad or cotton bonnet.
9. Sealing is recommended after procedure.
Note A: Severely damaged or worn polished stone may require professional restoration using diamond pads.
Note B: Not recommended for use on green marble.
This recommendation is intended as a general guideline for repolishing and maintaining worn polished marble, polished travertine, polished limestone or cement terrazzo. The actual polishing requirements may vary depending on type of stone, method of application and condition of the stone to be polished.
READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.