Printable version: Removal of Rust Stains (Smoke, Soot, Soil)
Purpose: To remove rust or mineral-based contaminants from stone, tile and concrete surfaces
Product Recommendation: Ex-Treme® (Note A)
Equipment: Nylon scrub pad (smooth surfaces), nylon scrub brush (textured surfaces)
Optional: Low RPM (175-350 RPM) scrub machine with nylon brush or pad, wet-dry vac, garden hose or pressure-washer
Coverage: Approximately 200 to 1000 sq. ft. (20 m2 – 95 m2) per gallon (3.78 L)
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Sweep or hose down surface to remove loose surface debris.
3. Pre-wet affected spot or manageable area with water.
4. Apply Ex-Treme® directly onto affected stain or manageable area if staining is widespread. (May be diluted with up to 5 parts water for light staining on horizontal surface).
5. Allow to dwell 2 to 10 minutes. Do not allow to dry on surface.
6. Agitate with scrub pad, brush, or scrub machine.
7. Mop or wet-dry vacuum up solution.
8. Rinse immediately after scrubbing with clean water. Garden hose or pressure washer may be used.
9. Heavy staining may require repeated procedure.
Note A: Not recommended for polished calcium-based stone such as marble, limestone, travertine or concrete agglomerate. This recommendation is intended as a general guideline for the removal of rust, smoke, soot and soil stains. The actual removal requirements may vary depending on the method of application, temperature and amount of contaminates to be removed.
READ PRODUCT DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO USE. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. KEEP SURFACE CLEAN AND DRY TO REDUCE POSSIBILITY OF SLIP-FALL ACCIDENTS.