Routine cleaning should consist of a regular mop or light scrub with a pH neutral detergent, or Aqua Mix® Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner at a dilution rate of 1 part product to 80 parts water. Using this product on a regular basis will safely remove soiling and help prevent a stubborn build up without damaging the tile, grout or sealer. This product is a pH Neutral formula and will not harm any other water-safe surfaces. On vertical surfaces, Aqua Mix® AquaKleen™ or Aqua Mix® AquaShield™ may be used.
Please Note: Grout sealed with Aqua Mix® Grout Colorant should only be maintained using the Routine Cleaning method listed above.
Heavy-Duty/Periodic Cleaning (residential):
- Spray Aqua Mix® Grout Deep Clean until the grout is evenly saturated, working on small areas at a time. For large areas, pre-wet the floor with Aqua Mix® Heavy-Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner at a dilution of 6:1, allow the surface to soak for 3-5 minutes keeping wet.
- Then agitate the floor using either an Aqua Mix® AquaScrub or a grout brush.
- Extract liquid off of the floor using either a microfiber mop or a wet vacuum cleaner fitted with a squeegee head.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean potable water. Mop up rinse water off floor.
Heavy-Duty/Periodic Cleaning (commercial):
- Pre-wet the floor with Aqua Mix® Heavy-Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner at a dilution of 4:1, allow the surface to soak for 3-5 minutes keeping wet. On large areas Aqua Mix® 1 & 2 Deep Clean can be used.
- Then agitate the floor using either a rotary floor scrubbing machine or auto scrubber.
- Extract liquid off of the floor using a wet & dry vacuum cleaner fitted with a squeegee head.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean potable water. Vacuum (wet & dry) rinse water off floor.
Sealing your grout joints will make your grout stain resistant, less porous and easier to clean. Aqua Mix® Grout Sealer is a premium grade sealer specifically designed for porous textured grout. We also have a economical aerosol sealer called Aqua Mix® SameDay™ Grout Sealer. If you wish to change the color of your grout joints Aqua Mix® Grout Colorant should be used.